WAMSTER Implementation Details Whitepaper available for download
Wamster Implementation Details whitepaper
is now available for download.
The white paper covers key technology details behind the WAMSTER system:
- STER PMU, a lightweight, portable, IEEE C37.118 compliant PMU:
- deployment and configuration of PMU devices is drastically simplified;
- using a GPRS connection instead of wired Ethernet links removes the need for a dedicated networking infrastructure;
- rechargeable battery backup keeps the device and the modem online during blackouts;
- removable SD flash memory keeps up to 4 months of full-resolution data locally, on the PMU device.
- WAMSTER, a reliable synchrophasor concentrator server with data storage as a service:
- optimized communication protocol adapts dynamically to low-signal mobile network conditions;
- web application for online data analysis, automatic event triggering and reporting, with data export to customizable formats;
- data access from any web-enabled device, with full remote PMU setup and management capabilities;
- easy interoperability with existing systems.